We are pleased to announce the museum is now open.
We will be open:
Monday 11am – 3pm
Thursday 11am – 3pm
Friday 11am – 3pm
Saturday 11am – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
To help keep everyone safe we have made some changes to the museum. Please read the guidance below to help us protect you, our staff and volunteers during your visit.
- Admission to the museum continues to be included with the English Heritage entrance fee to Carisbrooke Castle. However, you will now need to book time scheduled tickets, in advance, through the English Heritage website.
- We are limiting the amount of people entering the museum at any one time so we can provide a safe, socially distanced, experience for everyone. This means that, on occasion, there may be a need to queue outside the museum. Our staff and volunteers will advise.
- Current government regulations require that face coverings be worn inside all UK museums. Please bear this in mind and wear a face covering whilst inside the museum.
- A one-way system is in place to allow social distancing, please follow the route marked around the museum and keep 2 metres between yourself and other visiting groups.
- For your safety we have removed interactive displays and activities.
- Unfortunately we have had to close some areas of the museum as they do not fit within our one-way system and are too small to facilitate recommended social distancing. Sadly, this includes the exhibition of Anglo Saxon Treasures of the Isle of Wight.
- We will be carrying out enhanced cleaning throughout the museum.