The Heritage Education Service (HES) is based at Carisbrooke Castle Museum. The HES is funded by the Isle of Wight Council and is part of the Isle of Wight Heritage Service, in partnership with the Trustees of Carisbrooke Castle Museum.
The Service can help schools and teachers by:
- supporting educational visits to Carisbrooke Castle Museum and the Castle (Island educational groups only), Newport Roman Villa and Cowes Maritime Museum
- working with you and your class in your school
- lending material for you to use in your classroom – download our catalogue for more information and choose from one of our loan packages
- providing information and advice
Download our latest newsletter for more information about all our sessions.
We also have the following activities available:
- Past Play toy workshops from November 2016 to February 2017
- FREE WW1 workshops for KS2 upwards that relate to the Isle of Wight Rifles at Gallipoli
- Evacuee Week (June 2017)
- New workshops at Newport Roman Villa
For further information on the Service, or to make a booking, telephone 07813 021486, or e-mail email@example.com.